is a free service offered by Tallinn Central Library that lets you borrow digital magazines in English, Russian and Chinese from the digital collection.
RBdigital website, as well as its help pages, are in English only.
RBdigital has moved to a new web address at tallinn.rbdigitalglobal.com. In order to continue using your current login information at the new site, you need to follow the instructions.
What is RBdigital?
RBdigital trademark is owned by Recorded Books, Inc., an American company founded in 1979 and headquartered in Prince Frederick, Maryland. Through the RBdigital Gateway platform, digital magazines and other electronic resources are provided for public and school libraries.
What does the Tallinn Central Library’s RBdigital e-library enable you to do?
- You can borrow digital magazines in English, Russian and Chinese.
- There is no limit to the number of digital magazines you can borrow at once.
- You can keep the borrowed digital magazines on your account as long as you wish.
- Digital magazines can be read using a web browser or the RBdigital app installed on your device. To read magazines in a web browser you need an Internet connection. Magazines that have been downloaded to the app can be read offline.
- The digital magazine browsing is simple: you can search magazines by title or based on language/genre.
How to use the RBdigital e-library?
Follow these steps:
- Click on “Register”.
- Fill in the form in the pop-up window. In “Library card” field you need to insert v + your national ID (e.g. v61801019999) or library card number. Click on “Register”.
- After creating your account you are logged in and ready to browse magazines.
During future logins (Sign in) insert your username and password.
In order to read digital magazines:
- Open Tallinn Central Library’s RBdigital e-library at https://tallinn.rbdigitalglobal.com/.
- Log into your RBdigital account.
- If you are using the RBdigital app, please choose a country from the menu and log into your RBdigital account.
- Browse the digital magazine collection or use the search function to find magazines:
- Clicking on “Explore” opens buttons that help you sort the list of magazines (sorted by relevance by default) or you can filter magazines based on language and genre.
- You can find the search button at the top of the page
- To view back issues open the digital magazine and click on “All issues”.
- Check out the magazine issue that interests you. All the borrowed magazines will appear on the “Checked Out” page of your account.
- From here on, there are two options:
- Start reading
- Keep browsing
- If you wish to read magazines offline, download the checked out magazines to your device through the RBdigital app.
Download the app