23.12 open until 14. NB! Closed on Saturdays for lunch break from 13.00 - 13.30
The Music and Film Hall is located on the ground floor of the main building (Estonia pst 8). It is the youngest department of Tallinn Central Library, opened on January 29, 2002. The department has an extensive collection meant for both studies and entertainment, covering a wide range of musical genres from classical to popular music in a variety of formats. The main items of the collection are:
• books about music and musicians in different languages
• sheet music
• music periodicals (including many magazines in English)
• audio recordings – mostly CDs but also LPs and some audiotapes
• music videos and films (not only musical films but also documentaries and feature films in different genres)
• console games (for Xbox 360)
All these items are available for online searching. The Music and Film Hall also has an access to the electronic database Grove Music Online.
The Music and Film Hall also organizes concerts and musical performances, different competitions and exhibitions.